Charles W. Dobbins, Jr.
- Louisville, Kentucky
Date of Birth
- Charles earned his J.D. degree from the University of Virginia in 1974
- He was graduated from Washington & Lee University in 1970 with a B.A. with Distinction (Honors Thesis : "Whom We Shall Welcome")
- Charles was admitted to the Kentucky bar in 1974; admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, in 1975; the U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, in 1979; and the U.S Supreme Court in 1984.
- His practice areas include the law related to Business Entities and Finance; Mergers and Acquisitions; Syndications and Tax Incentives; Real Estate - Transactions, Development, Finance, Condominium Law and Land Use; and Secured Transactions.
Memberships and Community Involvement
- He served two terms as Counsel, Louisville Bar Association Board of Directors.
- Charles served as an officer and director on the founding Board of Directors for the Western District of Kentucky Federal Public Defender's Office.
- Charles served six years on the Board of Directors, Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- He is active in the Volunteer Lawyer Program, a donated legal services program, sponsored by the Louisville Bar Association.
- He is serving on the Board of Overseers, Bellarmine University and the Boards of Directors of Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic, Inc., The Glassworks Foundation, Inc and Sister Cities of Louisville, Inc.
- He has also served on the Board of Directors of other community and civic organizations, including, among others, Cabbage Patch Settlement House, YMCA Shelter House and YMCA Camp Piomingo.