Sandra F. Keene
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Date of Birth
- Sandra earned her Bachelor of Health Science degree, with Honors, from the University of Louisville in 1982.
- She earned her J.D. degree from the University of Louisville, cum laude, in 1992.
- Sandra was admitted to the Kentucky bar in 1992; admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, in 1993; and the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, in 1994.
- She was admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in 1995.
- Sandra's areas of practice include public utility law, land use, planning and zoning, and administrative law and domestic relations.
- In her practice, Sandra has provided services to utilities related to obtaining approval for construction of service facilities, and preparing oral and written commentary on proposed ordinances, rules and legislation on both the state and local levels. Sandra also has represented clients in contested hearings before the Kentucky Public Service Commission and has appeared before many Planning and Zoning Commissions.
- In addition to her regular domestic relations practice, Sandra has provided services to domestic relations clients through the Louisville Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer program and has performed legal services on a reduced-fee basis for clients through the Louisville Legal Aid Society. She received Donated Legal Service Awards from the Kentucky Bar Association in 1995 and 1996.
Memberships and Community Involvement
- Sandra is a member of the Louisville and Kentucky Bar Associations, the National and Louisville Chapters of the National Association of Women Business Owners, the National and Oldham County Business and Professional Women’s Organization and serves on the Board of the Louisville Professional Women's Golf Association. She was a member of the 1998-99 Leadership Oldham County class.